Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thanks A Lot, Denmark

As you may recall, I bought the Denmark "team series ticket." Basically, if Denmark moved on to the semi-finals, I would watch all of their games up to that point. If they lose, I watch the group winner or whoever knocked them out. Well, Denmark's miserable capitulation to Japan means that I will now be following Holland. If Denmark had beaten Japan, my games would be in Pretoria, Johannesburg, and Durban. Instead, my games are in Durban, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town, all of which require air transportation. I want to sell my ticket for the game in Durban tomorrow, but even getting to the ticketing center and back would cost more than half of the value of the ticket in taxi rides. Oh well. Craig's List, don't fail me now.

The upshot is that the Port Elizabeth match is potentially Brazil vs. Holland, which I must admit is a pretty good match.

No comments:

Post a Comment