Saturday, July 3, 2010

Africa Magic: Best Channel Ever

When the TV isn't showing football at my guest house, it's likely to be set to the "Africa Magic" channel. I guess the staff likes it. This channel rules. I think it's dedicated to showing TV shows and movies produced in Africa. The acting is always appalling. Right now, I'm watching two enormous African tribal women, dressed in black and wearing skull facepaint, dancing confusingly around what is meant to be an infant but is clearly a dummy. I've just been informed that they were "bewtiching" the child. His/her mother has just come out of the hut weeping and wailing over her missing child, despite that these "bewitching" rituals took place just around the corner from her hut. Now, one of the witches is having her head shaved.

The other type of movie they show is violent action films with sub-Dolemite production values and several inexplicable shootings per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment